About Us | Norvic International Hospital
Chaudhary Group, one of the prominent Corporate Houses of Nepal, established Norvic International Hospital in 1993. Today, the hospital is recognized as one of the best critical care hospitals in the country and remains a full-service, multi-specialty care facility designated as an International Hospital.
Norvic is regarded as the most credible Healthcare Centre in the country, committed to Quality Health Care in the Nation’s service with personalized and compassionate patient care. It is also acclaimed for pioneering the private healthcare revolution in the country. Henceforth, Norvic is hailed as one of the top best hospitals in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Since it's inception in 1993, Norvic has risen to a leadership position and has emerged as Nepal’s foremost healthcare service provider touching the lives of more than 2 million patients across Nepal and abroad.
Why Choose Norvic?
- The first Hospital in Nepal with NABL accreditation with high-tech laboratory services and is also certified for ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- The first private sector hospital to introduce the Catheterization Lab in the country; it offers one of the world’s best Invasive and Non-Invasive Cardiac facilities to the nation.
- The first private sector hospital certified with “Global Green and Healthy Hospital”.
- The first hospital in the country to have the National Accreditation Board for Testing Laboratories (NABL), certified pathology lab, that provides a wide range of full-fledged Pathological and Diagnostic facilities.
- The first private hospital to implement a safe health care waste management system.
Norvic aims to add more beds & services to its premises.
- 90% of beds had been converted to Covid wards to treat Covid patients.
- 1st IVF lab in Nepal with genetic screening and genetic counselling launched.
- Norvic International Hospital converts to a public limited company.
- Management of Pandemic
- Norvic launches Covid Fever Clinic, Covid Isolation Ward & Covid ICU
The state of Art Highly advanced Optima IGS 320 Cardiovascular imaging diagnostic machine was added to improve access to patient care.
- Norvic completed its 25 years of world-class quality health care in Nepal.
- Inaugurated Haemodialysis Department on the 25th Anniversary of Norvic International Hospital.
- Norvic started Oncology Services.
State-of-the-art MRI (3 TESLA) with in bore audio/visual system and 128 slices CT scan facility added.
- Norvic starts Nepal’s first specialized and dedicated Gastro Intestinal Intensive Care Unit (GICU).
- State-of-the-art JCI standard Modular Operating Suites started.
- Norvic Pathology Lab becomes the first to get Certified in Nepal by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- International Emergency Care Unit (IECU) separate & dedicated Emergency ward for International patients starts functioning.
- 'International Business Centre' is fully dedicated to serving international patients' requirements started.
Two Mobile Critical Care Ambulances (ACLS) were added to the fleet of Norvic Ambulances.
- “Lunkarandas Chaudhary Diagnostic Centre “ with all diagnostic facilities including CT Scan, MRI, Mammogram, Laboratory services started under a single roof.
- Norvic established a specialized Spine Clinic.
A dedicated area for Gynecology speciality was established.
A Dedicated area for Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary System speciality was established.
Norvic Institute of Nursing Education (NINE) was established to support trained manpower requirements.
Smt. Ganga Devi Chaudhary Cath Lab was inaugurated by the Honorable Prime Minister on May 17, 2008.
First state-of-the-art “Mission: Save Heart Mobile CCU” in Nepal was initiated by Norvic.
First “Total Knee Replacement” Surgery was performed successfully at Norvic.
- Urology Specialty was started.
- CT scan facility was started.
- Norvic starts a state-of-the-art dedicated ‘Digestive Disease Centre’ with facilities such as Endoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, and Colonoscopy.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Department was established.
- Peripheral, Cerebral, Renal, and Carotid Angioplasties were carried out successfully.
- The first successful surgery was carried out to open the Carotid Artery Blockade.
- First Beating Heart Surgery Procedure (CABG) and Coronary Artery Angioplasty (PTCA), and Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) procedures are carried out gradually.
- Norvic gets certified with ISO 9001:2000 (Certification for Quality Management System).
- First state-of-the-art OEC Digital Cath lab was established in Nepal on 24 August.
- First Coronary Angiography (CAG) procedure was carried out by taking Norvic to the International club of definitive Cardiac Therapy.
- Norvic International Hospital increases bed capacity from 30 beds to 100 beds.
- Centre for Neurological & Allied Sciences was established and Neurosurgical procedures started.
- First Pace Maker Implant and BMV Procedure were carried out.
- The First International Symposium "Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology at the Dawn of New Millennium" took place this year.
MoU was signed between Norvic International Hospital and Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi to develop and Heart Command Centre was established.
Norvic collaborates with Escorts Heart Institute to bring in state-of-the-art Non Invasive Cardiac Care and Invasive Cardiac Procedure.
Norvic Health Care & Research Centre Pvt. Ltd. starts its services with 30 bedded facility