Prof. Dr. Inku Shrestha Basnet
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Working as ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon at the Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University Hospital from April 2009 to date
- Academic Appointments – Worked as a lecturer for the M.B.B.S students at the Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University School of Medical sciences from April 2009 till Feb 2013
- Appointed as “Assistant Professor” in Kathmandu University School of Medical sciences from February 2013 till January 2017.
- Worked as “Associate Professor” in Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences from January 2017 to October 2017
- Working as “Associate Professor” in Kathmandu Medical College, Sinamangal since October 18, 2017.
- Appointed as Master Trainer of Communication Skills as a part of Continuing Professional Development
- (CPD) since 8.11.2074.
- Designated as Specialist Medical Examiner “SME” of ENT by Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal since July 2020
- Designated as “Professor” of ENT from Kathmandu University since February 2022
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- A 2-day “Primary Trauma Care Management” course by the World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists in April 2005 at TUTH, Maharajgunj.
- Attended Training Programme by India CLEN program Evaluation Network on August 2006 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Participated in the workshop on “Head and Neck Oncology” held by Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology AOI Orissa at Panda Medical Centre and Cancer Hospital, Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar on 25th-27th August 2006.
- Participated in the continuing education Programme on “Diagnosis in Nuclear Imaging” held at Manipal in November 2006.
- Participated in the Naso bronchial Allergy Workshop in January 2007 at KMC, Manipal.
- Attended the workshop on Head and Neck Onco- Surgery Course from 7th-9th September 2007 at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal organized by Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO), India and participated in the Cadaveric Head and Neck Dissection course.
- Actively participated in the conference and presented a research paper on “Results of Stapes Surgery in Otosclerosis- a case series” which was announced as 2nd best presentation at the Diamond Jubilee national conference of AOI, Agra from 3rd to 6th January 2008 at Agra.
- Participated and successfully underwent the 46th All India Temporal Bone Dissection and Advanced Micro Ear Surgery Demonstration Course held between 8th-10th February 2008 by Chinnammal ENT Medical Education and Research Foundation at K.K.R. ENT Hospital and Research Institute, Chennai.
- Participated in the Scientific deliberations of the 8th National Conference Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology held at Cuttack- Bhubaneswar from 4th-7th December 2008 as a delegate and presented a scientific paper.
- Participated in “5th Amrita Comprehensive Head and Neck Oncology Teaching Program- Current concepts in Head and Neck Oncology” as a delegate held on 6th-8th February 2009 at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi and obtained the highest marks.
- Participated in the Advance Level Ultrasound Course –19th-22nd November 2010 at Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University.
- Presented a Free paper and participated in “Future ENT and Head & Neck Surgery in Developing Countries”, 7th SAARC ENT Congress on 25th- 27th May 2011
- Participated in the 3rd National Hands-on Cadaveric Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course held from 25th-28th December 2011, organized by the Department of ENT and Forensic Medicine, Institute of Medicine.
- Participated in the 2nd Nepal Hands–On Cadaveric Head and Neck Dissection workshop held from 15th-18th January 2012, organized by the Department of ENT and Forensic Medicine, Institute of Medicine.
- Training for advanced and new ENT treatment modalities including Aviation ENT; in the Department of ENT, Allgemeines Krankenhaus der stadt Linz, Austria under Prim Univ. Professor Ernst Richter for 3 months from April to July 2012.
- Hosted and actively participated as the organizer of the 7th National Conference of Society of Otolaryngologists of Nepal from 12-14th March 2015 at Kathmandu University School Of Medical Sciences, Dhulikhel, Kavre and presented a Scientific Paper at The Grandeur of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in ENT Practice.
- Fellowship Training in phono surgery, Image guided sinus surgery, Sleep Medicine and ENT problems in Aviation for 6 weeks in Sept-Oct 2015 at Westphalz Klinikum, Kaiserslautern under the guidance of Prof Norbert Stache.
- Attended 49th training course for ENT specialists from 29 October to 31 October 2015 at the Congress Center Rosengarten in Mannheim.
- Attended 88th Annual Meeting German Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, in conjunction with the 11th International Forum conference on May 24 – May 27, 2017, in Erfurt (Germany) participating in a scientific program and presenting a scientific paper
- Attended 10th Live Surgical Workshop on Dacryology and Rhinoplasty organized by Ganesh Man Singh Memorial Academy Of ENT- Head and Neck Studies, Maharajgunj Medical College, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu on 10-11th September 2018
- Master Trainer in Training of Teachers (ToT) on “Communication Skills” organized by Nepal Medical Council, Department of Continuing Professional Development from 27- 28th May 2019.
- Attended 9th ENT Conclave conference at Jaipur, Rajasthan from 10- 11th August 2019
- Delegate in the 1st Otology and Rhinology Workshop held on November 8th 2019 at Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University in collaboration with the Medical University of Graz, Austria.
- Consultant at the Master Course on Thyroid Cancer: Sharing Knowledge to Combat Thyroid Cancer organized by Head and Neck Oncology Program, Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center on 16th November 2019.
- Participated as faculty and delegate in ENTrain Workshop 2019 from 20th -21st July 2019 organized by Karnataka Medical council at Bangalore.
- Delegate and Speaker in Workshop on Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Apnea and Sleep Related Breathing Disorders at Dhulikhel hospital, Kathmandu University Hospital on 10th and 11th December 2019 in collaboration with Westpfalz- Klinikm GmbH and Lowenstein Medical Germany.
- Participated in the CME programme “Facial Plastic Surgery Today: An Overview” conducted on 17th January 2020 by the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Association of Plastic Surgeons of Nepal (APSON)
- Attended “Aviation Medicine Refresher Course” conducted by Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, Flight Safety Standards Department on 22 Jan 2020 at Amadablam Hotel
- Participated in workshop “11th Hands on Cadaveric and Live Surgical Workshop on Endoscopic Endonasal Sinus and Skull Base Surgery “from 17th- 19th January 2020 at Department of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, Institute of Medicine, T.U. Teaching Hospital
- Speaker and faculty at the 12th SAARC ENT Conference conducted in Nepal from May 27th -28th 2022.
- Trainer at various Mid-level Health Worker staff Training programs held by the Department of Community Medicine, Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathmandu University Hospital.