IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION – AUSTRALIA
OUR PANEL PHYSICIANS:
Dr. Anil Pahari MBBS MD MRCP MRCGP
Dr. Barsha Bista MBBS MD
Dr. Alok Dhungel MBBS MD
Dr. Shekhar Rajbhandari MBBS, MD (LOCUM)
HOW TO CONTACT US
• Telephone: 01-4258554 Extension :1035,3005
• Mail: email@example.com ( Kindly note that we cannot book appointments via email / Online.)
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
• Please call on 01-4101623/ 01-4101624
• Please avoid booking an appointment during Menstrual Period (Day 1-Day 7) as this may affect the urine test.
• Our department is open from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm for new clients.
• For follow up kindly visit us between 3:30 pm to 5 pm at Room No: 1071.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO BRING ON THE DAY OF APPOINTMENT?
• E-medical generated referral letter which has your HAP ID.
• Original passport and declaration form.
• Spectacle/ Contact lenses if you were one.
• List of the current prescription of your medication/medical records of major operations or illness.
• Copies of passport, Photos are not required.
WHERE DO I GO ONCE AT NORVIC INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL (NIH)?
- For medical examination you don't have to be in empty stomach.
• Please proceed to Room no : 1071 for New Zealand Medical Examination & Room no: 1074 for Australian Medical Examination on Australian / New Zealand medical Examination centre.
WHAT IS THE FEE STRUCTURE?
* Includes TB diagnostic and/or treatment (if required) done at IOM, Baluwatar, KTM. Nepal.
||E-MEDICAL REQUIREMENT CODE
| EXAMPLE APPLICANT
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION + CHEST X-RAY
|| 5855 WITH TAX *
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITH MANTOUX W/O URINE TEST AND X-RAY
|| 4172 WITH TAX
||CHILDREN AGED 2 AND UNDER 5 YEARS APPLYING FOR A PERMANENT/ PROVISIONAL VISA
|MEDICAL EXAM WITH URINE TEST & MANTOUX W/O X-RAY
|| 4185 WITH TAX
||CHILDREN AGED 5 AND UNDER 11 YEARS APPLYING FOR A PERMANENT/ PROVISIONAL VISA
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION W/O URINE AND X-RAY
|| 3653 WITH TAX
|| CHILDREN BELOW 5 YEARS
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION + CHEST X-RAY + HIV
|| 6784 WITH TAX *
|| MIGRANT (SUCH AS SPOUSE, PARENT, SKILLED MIGRANT)
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITH URINE BUT WITHOUT X-RAY
|| 3856 WITH TAX
||CHILDREN ABOVE 5 YEARS AND BELOW 11 YEARS, MIGRANT, ELDERLY VISITOR
|MEDICAL EXAMINATION + CHEST X-RAY+ HIV+ HEPATITIS B+HEPATITIS C
|| 8979 WITH TAX *
|| HEALTHCARE WORKER OR HEALTHCARE STUDENT
|CHEST X-RAY (AXR)
|| 3030 WITH TAX *
||WORKING HOLIDAY MAKER
|| 945 WITH TAX
|HEPATITIS B TEST
|| 620 WITH TAX
||336 WITH TAX
|HEPATITIS C TEST
||1554 WITH TAX
||336 WITH TAX
* Includes TB diagnostic tests and treatment (if required) done at IOM, Baluwatar, KTM. Nepal.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION?
• Registration at room 1074 for Australia Visa. For New Zealand cases please attend at Room No: 1071.
• ID Check – Referral Letter, original passport and declaration.
• After identity check get ready to take photograph
• Please proceed to cash counter for payment.
• If referral letter indicates: 501- External physical examination is done by our Panel doctors, 502 Chest x-ray –IS done in Room no :1070.
• Don’t forget to put on spectacles or contact lens for Eye test.
WHAT TESTS DO I NEED?
• The tests you require will depend on your visa category.
• Your referral letter will indicate what tests are necessary.
• 501 includes medical examination, urine routine test (for all above 5 Years of age, Chest X-ray (above 11 years of age) and blood test where applicable. Some children between 2-11 years may require TB screening test.
• Sometimes panel physician may request additional test as per clinical needs.
• If you have any doubt, please discuss with our panel physician/staff.
• More information about Australian Health Requirement is available on the link below:
( Note: please specify in as a link address)
WILL I GET TO SEE MY REPORT/HOW IS THE REPORT SENT?
• You do not have to collect any report once all your examinations are complete.
• Your report is forwarded electronically via e - Medical to the department of immigration and border protection within three working days in most cases.
• If your examination or test results are abnormal, our panel physician will inform you during the consultation.
UNDRESSING FOR MEDICAL EXAMINATION
- If you require any further information please feel free to contact us regarding your medical examinations.
• As per guidelines provided by DIBP you will need to undress to your underwear.
• We provide gowns to both male and female candidates and every effort is taken to maintain your dignity. Only external physical examination is conducted.
• We offer chaperone to all applicants. All children will be examined in the presence of a guardian.
WHAT IF MY X RAY SHOWS ABNORMALITY?
• The panel physician will inform you of the result.
• Sometimes e-medical can auto generate further tests depending on the abnormality.
• Once your case is submitted, MOC in Australia will review your case and advice if any further tests are required. They will notify the client via email.
WHAT ARE TESTS FOR TB?
• TB is tested by examination of sputum.
• This is done in two ways- smear and culture.
• Kindly note TB culture report takes 8 weeks for the results.
• All TB tests and treatment is included in the sum you pay during IME.
TB FOR SCREENING FOR CHILDREN
As of November 2015, children between the age of 2 & 11 years and applying for a permanent / provisional visa are required to undergo a TB screening test
DIBP has implemented changes to the medical examination in order to strengthen screening and improve detection of active TB in the group 2-11 years is required.
WHO NEEDS THESE TESTS?
Children from high risk countries (eg: Nepal) and applying for a permanent/provisional visa or applying for a refugee/humanitarian visa irrespective of country risk level.
WHAT IS THE SCREENING TEST FOR TB?
There are two different types of screening tests.
- Mantoux- is an intra dermal test (skin)
- IGRA- Interferon Gamma Release Assay is a blood test
Currently at Norvic International Hospital we are offering only Mantoux test is available. We are in the process of inquiring if IGRA if feasible. We shall update the information in our website when available.
RESULT OF MANTOUX TEST
DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO STAY IN KATHMANDU AFTER THE MANTOUX TEST?
- Result of Mantoux test is recorded after 48-72 hours of injection. The child will have to be reviewed by doctors at the pathology department of Norvic hospital for final report.
- Our panel physicians will advice you if further test is necessary following result of Mantoux test.
As the reading of the skin test (Mantoux) is done between 48-72 hours after the test. It is done by our pathology doctors in the Norvic International Hospital Pathology Lab.
WHAT IF MY CHILD RESULT IS POSITIVE?
Your child needs a chest X-ray and possibly a referral to child specialist.
WHAT IS THE WAITING TIME IN CLINIC?
• Generally your medical examination, urine test and x ray are completed within two-three hours.
IS THERE A COMPLAINT PROCEDURE?
• If you are not satisfied with our service kindly contact our manager in the department. We will try and resolve the problem.
• If you have any feedback, complaints or compliments; kindly refer to the link below:
• Any fraudulent activity will be reported directly to the department of immigration and border protection.