Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading cause of death not only in the developed countries but also in a country like Nepal where the number of new cases are on rise. Over the last two decades, an increased lifespan and changes in the traditional Nepalese lifestyle and diet have contributed to a significant increase in the incidence of Cardiac related ailments.
An early leader in the provision of advanced cardiac diagnosis and treatment in the private sector, Norvic International Hospital
has been successfully performing Cardiac Catheterizations, Angioplasties and Open Heart procedures. With the opening of its new Cardiac OPD and Diagnostic Center wing, Norvic has renewed its emphasis on Cardiac care with the establishment of Heart Station'
at the hospital.
The Heart Station at Norvic
brings together the finest national and internationally trained medical professionals complemented by world-class technology and the finest facilities. The Heart Station uses a comprehensive holistic approach ranging from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
Prevention and Education
Health Education is an essential element of prevention. The Heart Station provides individual consultation of nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices, which can reduce the incidence of cardiac disease. Community education is also provided in the form of a series of lifestyle seminars, talk show, workshops, free heart camps, etc.
A timely and accurate diagnosis is critical in the treatment of Heart disease.
- Consultation and Non-Invasive Center
- The Heart Station's well-managed consultation clinic includes private & comfortable Physician Consultation Suites, Patient Education facility and complete Non-Invasive testing facilities. The latest state-of-the-art technology is brought to bear with Colour Doppler, Echocardiography, Stress Echo, Stress Testing as well as more traditional 24-hour Holter and Ambulatory BP Monitoring (ABP) which are conveniently available in the hospital.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Norvic houses state-of-the-art Digital Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory dedicated to the diagnosis and evaluation of Coronary Heart Disease. The Cath Lab is strategically located between the Cardiac Surgery Suites and the dedicated Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for the maximum in safety and comfort. The soon to be stalled CE Fixed Cathlab will be in service of Norvic's valued patients with better performance and accuracy.
- Interventional Cardiology
- The Cathlab is capable of performing interventional procedures including Angiography/Angioplasty and Stenting, and Valvoplasty. The Station provides 24-hour service to treat patients suffering from Heart Attacks.
- The Hospital manages periodical camps for Electro Physiology studies to diagnose and treat electrical abnormalities of the heart. Cardiac ablation and the installation of pacemakers are also performed in the Cath Lab.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- The hospital has facilities for full range of Open Heart surgeries including Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Valve Repair/Replacement and Congenital Pediatric Surgery. Norvic is also a pioneer in the country in "Beating Heart Surgery", an advanced technique which allows the performance of surgery without the requirement to stop the heart, resulting in shorter hospital stays and lower patient risk. The Center includes a team of internationally trained cardiac surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, perfusionists and operating nurses. Facilities include a specially designed Cardiac Operating Theater, Heart-Long machine, IABP, etc.
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Norvic International Hospital has a well-earned reputation for quality Intensive care services. Coronary Care Unit is staffed by specially trained, internationally experienced CCU nurses. All patients are centrally monitored with a world class Cardiac Monitoring system. CCU is equipped with all supportive equipment like Defibrillator, Blood Gas Analyzer, Mechanical Ventilators, IABP equipment, etc.
- Emergency Services
- Norvic stands ready to respond to victims of Heart attack or Heart failure.Norvic 24-hour Emergency is staffed with trained Cardiologists. Critical Care transport by Ambulance with specialized equipment is available within Kathmandu valley. Air evacuation facilities may also be provided on prior request.
- The Heart Station sponsors a medically supervised Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program for patients at high Cardiac risk or for those having interventional or surgical procedures. The programme includes diet and lifestyle counseling, behavior modification and exercise, all under the careful attention of Norvic's Heart Station Team.